To make waiting for the next in-person events a little easier, we created a platform to keep the SquadRace on track: the First Virtual On SquadRace Norway is here!
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most, and we wanted to bring you back together to run your hearts out on a virtual level.
How the mechanism works
Registration starts from May 11th until May 21st at 4pm
Only the Crew Captain registers the Squad.
Race phase runs from May 21st at 6pm until May 30th 6pm.
Race 5K as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by signing up with your name and your race time (min+seconds) and choose from the drop-down selection the name of your run crew. Upload a screenshot of your run as proof.
Feel free to share your run with the hashtag #onsquadrace and by tagging @on_running.
See all teams already signed up below:
Here are the rules:
1. Record your best 5K run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s average. Every runner can race 5K as often as they want to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5K. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. Fastest team average time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 5 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event. You can participate with your crew from any city in Norway. If you don't have a crew –compete together with us against the fastest crews from Norway and log in your run for Team On.
4. The race period is open for one week from May 21st at 6pm to May 30th at 6pm. The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on May 31st after verification of runners' results.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5K time that was really run by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow teams. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Missing real-life events? Watch the SquadRaces Rules video to prepare yourself for your next race and to increase the anticipation for upcoming SquadRaces:
For the real race feeling, download your race bib here or get your customised bib from your crew captain after signing up your squad. To celebrate your successful race in style, you can download your medal here.
You want to know what’s up for grabs?
> The fastest squad wins a pair of On shoes for each participant.
> The second fastest squad wins an On shirt for each participant.
> The third fastest crew wins a pair of Performance Socks for each participant.
> The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner will each receive a pair of On shoes. So step on it!
Be first to hear about when On Events will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Find event information and content at the Facebook event page. For all inquiries, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the event!
#onsquadrace #onrunning #runonclouds