Usually around this time, we announce the dates for the BeNE SquadRace events. However, 2020 has been no ordinary year. We’ve had to adapt our plans. But here at On, we love a challenge. To make waiting for the next in-person events a little easier, we created a platform to keep the SquadRace on track: the first ever virtual SquadRace takes place in Belgium and the Netherlands
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most, and we wanted to bring you back together to run your hearts out on a virtual level.
How the mechanism works:
Registration via the Squad captain or responsible contact person starts November 11, 6pm until November 22, 6pm.
Race phase starts from November 22, 6pm until the November 29, 6pm.
Race 5k as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by signing up with your name and your race time (min+seconds) and choose from the drop-down selection the name of your run crew. Upload a screenshot of your run as proof. Once the race period has started, log in your run.
Share your run with the hashtag #onsquadrace and by tagging @on_running.
See the the live ranking below:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s average. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. Fastest team average time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 5 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event. You can participate with your crew from any city in the Netherlands or Belgium. If you don't have a crew – compete together with us against the fastest crews from the Netherlands and Belgium and log in your run for Team On.
4. The race period is open for one week from the November 22, 6pm until November 29, 6pm. The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on November 29, 8 pm.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really run by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow teams. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Missing real-life events? Watch the SquadRaces Rules video to prepare yourself for your next live SquadRace event.
For the real race feeling, download your race bib here or get your customized bib from your crew captain after signing up your squad. To celebrate your successful race in style, you can download your medal here.
Want to know what’s up for grabs?
> The fastest squad wins the title of Belgium & The Netherlands' Fastest Running Squad and a pair of Cloudflows for each participant
> The second fastest squad wins an On Performance-T for each participant.
> The third fastest crew wins a pair of Performance Socks for each participant.
> The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner will each receive a pair of On shoes. So step on it!
Be first to hear about when SquadRaces will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Find event information and content at the Facebook Event page. For all inquiries, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
#onsquadrace #runonclouds + tag @on_running