This year has brought many changes and we had to adapt the original events calendar. So, we created a platform to keep the SquadRace energy alive, virtually. It’s still squad against squad, however, with the competition virtual, racers run solo or at a distance and submit their times after their adrenaline subsides.
The race is virtual, but the competition is real.
How it works:
Squad Sign Up (10/26 - 11/1): Register your squad via the crew's captain or other contact person. Not part of a squad? No problem. When the race phase starts, submit your 5k time under Team On to participate.
Race Time (11/1 - 11/8): Run a 5k route as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by:
- Signing up with your name
- Your race time (min+seconds)
- Choose your run crew from the drop-down options
- Upload a screenshot of your run as proof
Share your run experience with #onsquadrace + tag @on_running.
View the squads below:
Here are the race rules:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time. It will be added to your squad’s overall average time. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Please make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. The team with the fastest average overall time wins.
3. We’ll include your squad in the rankings if 5 runners minimum per squad have participated in the event. There is no maximum number of participants. You can participate with your squad from all over Quebec.
4. Runners are allowed to participate in ONE squad only.
5. The race period is open for one week from Sunday, November 1, 6pm (est) to Sunday, November 8, 6pm (est). The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on Monday, November 9.
6. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really ran by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow crews. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
7. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
1st Place: The fastest squad wins the title of Quebec's Fastest Running Squad and:
- $2,500 to support a local organization giving back to their community
- Pair of Cloudflyer Waterproof shoes for each participant
2nd Place: The second fastest squad wins a Performance Long-T for each participant
The squad with the most female participants wins a Merino Beanie for each participant
The squad with the most participants wins $2,500 to donate to a local charity giving back to their community and a pair of Performance socks for each participant
The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner each receive a full head-to-toe On kit.
La chaussure légère et imperméable pour soutenir tous les coureurs vers n'importe quel objectif.
Be first to hear when SquadRaces will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Find more event information and celebration at the Quebec v_SquadRace Events Page. For all other inquiries about the virtual SquadRace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
#onsquadrace #onrunning #runonclouds