On is here to change your attitude about altitude.
We’re calling on runners everywhere to reach record-setting heights in their own back yard.
Your individual goal is to climb 200 meters. Whatever elevation gains you make will be added to the accumulated total of all participating athletes around the world.
Our global goal is to reach a record 10,000,000m elevation - that’s equivalent to climbing Everest 1130 times!
As we reach each million mark, a new set of prizes enters the draw. At 1 million, 3 On Caps are introduced. At 10 million, a trip to Switzerland to Run On’s Local Mountain in the beautiful Engadin region is up for grabs - with lots more (On Shoes, Polar smartwatches etc.) in between.
Teamwork will put us on top of the world (and running together is more fun) so join On and Vancouver Running Company on May 12th to run our local mountain - Mt. Seymour. All abilities welcome!
What you need to know:
1) Sign-up then show up!
Complete the sign-up form below.
2) Don’t forget…
- Your smartphone or GPS watch to log your activity in the RYLM challenge on Strava. No Strava? No worries - you can join without.
- Bring your running clothes (changing rooms available)
- Bagdrop: a storage site will be available (items left at owner’s risk)
3) Test new On shoes
- The newest On trail running shoes (and other models) will be available in limited numbers to test for free - first come, first served
4) Run Your Local Mountain
- Go as slow or as fast as you want - all that matters is elevation
5) Celebrate & win amazing prizes
- High-fives and fist bumps followed by snacks and drinks – you’ll have earned it!
- Follow the global Run Your Local Mountain challenge homepage - will we reach the 10,000,000m goal?
6) Can’t make the event?
- Just go for a run by yourself and upload it to Strava to be included - find out how on the RYLM homepage.
7) Logistics & additional information
- Parking available around the area. We'll meet at the North Shore Trails.
Let's run this local mountain!
Your On team
North Shore Trails
View in Google Maps
Mount Fromme is located just east of Grouse Mountain and is much less traveled than many of the other North Shore hiking trails.