The Virtual On SquadRace Los Angeles
The SquadRace turns running into the ultimate team sport. It's squad versus squad, racing in opposite directions on a 5k course. In this race, it’s not about the fastest individual, but the team with the fastest overall average time who wins. And now we’re in search of the fastest running squad in Los Angeles.
However, 2020 has been no ordinary year, so we’ve had to adapt. We created a platform to keep the SquadRace energy alive, virtually. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet running alone.
The race is virtual, but the competition is real.
Get ready to virtually reunite your squad and individually run your best 5k.
How it works:
Squad Sign Up (August 9th - 16th) Register your squad via the crew captain or other contact person. Please note that your team must consist of at least 5 members for the race phase. Not part of a squad? No problem. When the race phase starts, submit your 5k time under Team On to participate.
Race Time (August 16th - 23rd) Run a 5k route as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by:
- Signing up with your name
- Your race time (min+seconds)
- Choose your run crew from the drop-down options
- Upload a screenshot of your run as proof
Share your run experience with #onsquadrace + tag @on_running.
Here are the rules:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in here. It will be added to your squad’s overall average time. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Please make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. The team with the fastest average overall time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 5 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event. You can participate with your crew from all over Los Angeles.
4. The race period is open for one week from Sunday, August 16th, 6pm to Sunday, August 23rd, 6pm. The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on Monday, August 24th.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really ran by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow crews. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
1st Place: The fastest squad wins the title of LA’s Fastest Running Squad and:
- $5,000 to support a local organization giving back to their community
- Pair of On shoes for each participant
2nd Place: The second fastest squad wins a Performance-T for each participant
3rd Place: The third fastest crew wins a pair of Performance Socks for each participant
The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner each receive a full head-to-toe On kit.
Be first to hear when SquadRaces will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Find more event information and celebration at the LA V_SquadRace Events Page. For all other inquiries about the virtual SquadRace, please email email@example.com
Have fun and good luck!
#onrunning #runonclouds #onsquadrace
The Virtual On SquadRace Los Angeles
View in Google Maps
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most, and we’re bringing you back together to run your hearts out on a virtual level. Show us how you stayed fit during lockdown and prove that your squad is the fastest squad in Los Angeles. Win honor and glory and secure yourself the chance to win great On prizes. Good luck and have fun!