This year has brought many changes and we had to adapt the original events calendar. So, we created the first ever Virtual On SquadRace to keep you active at a safe distance. The Virtual SquadRace Series Germany is running at full speed in search of the fastest squad. We're looking for the fastest team from each of the four regions who will compete in the German On SquadRace Final!
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most. Get ready to virtually reunite your squad and individually run your best 5k.
First, we’re heading west with the federal states of NRW, Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland.
How the mechanism works:
First phase – July 30 - August 9 (4pm):
Register your squad via the crew captain or a responsible contact person.
Race phase – August 9 (6pm) - August 16 (6pm):
Race 5k as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by signing up with your name and your race time (min+seconds) and select from the drop-down list the name of your run crew. Upload a screenshot of your run as proof.
Feel free to share your run with the hashtag #onsquadrace and by tagging @on_running. And we'll be donating two euros per logged in race to the organization Active Giving. As soon as the race phase has started, the donation counter starts counting:
See the automated live leaderboard below:
Here are the rules:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s average. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. Fastest team average time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 10 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event. You can participate with your crew from any city from the following states in Western Germany: NRW, Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland. If you don't have a crew - compete together with us against the fastest crews from western Germany and log in your run for Team On.
4. The race period is open for one week from August 9, 6pm to August 16, 6pm. The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on August 16, 8pm.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really run by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow teams. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Missing real-life events? Watch the SquadRaces Rules video to prepare yourself for your next race and to increase the anticipation for upcoming SquadRaces:
Race Bib, Medal and Prizes:
For the real race feeling, download your race bib here or get your customized bib from your crew captain after signing up your squad.
To celebrate your successful race in style, you can download your medal here.
You want to know what’s up for grabs?
> The fastest squad wins a pair of the Cloudflow for each participant.
> The second fastest squad wins an On shirt for each participant
The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner will each receive a pair of On shoes.
Be first to hear about when On Events will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page. Check the On SquadRace Series Germany page for insights into the other regions.
Find event information and content at the Facebook event page. For all inquiries, please send an email to: email@example.com
Enjoy the event!