Virtual On SquadRace Germany
The SquadRace turns running into a team sport. Squad versus squad, racing in opposite directions over 5k. And this time, it’s not about the fastest individual. This time, it’s the team with the fastest average who wins. Pull each other over the line as you push for the finish.
In this race, every runner counts.
Usually around this time, we announce the dates for this year’s SquadRace events. However, 2020 has been no ordinary year. We’ve had to adapt our plans. But here at On, we love a challenge. To make waiting for the next in-person events a little easier, we created a platform to keep the SquadRace on track: the first ever virtual SquadRace takes place in Germany!
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most, and we’re bringing you back together to run your hearts out on a virtual level. Show us how you stayed fit during lockdown and prove that your squad is the fastest squad in Germany. Win honor and glory and secure yourself the chance to win great On prizes.
How the mechanism works:
June 16, 4pm – June 21, 4pm: Register your squad via the crew captain or a responsible contact person. Please note that your team must consist of at least 10 members for the race phase.
June 21, 6pm – June 28, 6pm: Race 5k as fast as you can and track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by signing up with your name, your race time and your run crew name (chosen from the drop-down selection). Upload a screenshot of your run as proof. Your time will automatically appear on the live leaderboard on this page as soon as 10 different members (minimum) from your crew have logged in their times.
Here are the rules:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s average. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k.
2. Every runner counts. Fastest team average time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 10 runners min. per crew have participated in the event.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really run by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow crews. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Depending on the current situation we are looking forward to holding the real SquadRace in person for you hopefully in late summer this year.
Be first to hear about when the SquadRace will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Have fun and good luck at the first virtual On SquadRace!
#onrunning #runonclouds #onsquadrace
Virtual On SquadRace
View in Google Maps
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most, and we’re brining you back together to run your hearts out on a virtual level. Show us how you stayed fit during lockdown and prove that your squad is the fastest squad in Germany. Win honour and glory and secure yourself the chance to win great On prizes. Since the event does not take place physically, the given location is our home address in Zurich.