This year has brought many changes and we had to adapt the original events calendar. So, we created a platform to keep the SquadRace energy alive, virtually. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet running alone.
The race is virtual, but the competition is real.
The virtual On SquadRace Los Angeles has been decided!
Congratulations to Electric Flight Crew on winning the Virtual On SquadRace with an impressive time of 17:43,60.
How it worked:
Squad Sign Up (August 9-16) Register your squad via the crew's captain or other contact person. Not part of a squad? No problem. When the race phase starts, submit your 5k time under Team On to participate.
Race Time (August 16-23) Run a 5k route as fast as you can. Track your run with any tracking app. Register your run by:
- Signing up with your name
- Your race time (min+seconds)
- Choose your run crew from the drop-down options
- Upload a screenshot of your run as proof
Share your run experience with #onsquadrace + tag @on_running.
View the final results below
Here are the race rules on how the event went:
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s overall average time. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Please make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. The team with the fastest average overall time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 5 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event.
4. August 16, 6pm to Sunday, August 23, 6pm.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really ran by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow crews. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Race Bib and Prizes:
For the real race feeling, download your race bib here or get your customized bib from your crew captain after signing up your squad.
1st Place: The fastest squad wins the title of LA’s Fastest Running Squad and:
- $5,000 to support a local organization giving back to their community
- Pair of On shoes for each participant
2nd Place: The second fastest squad wins a Performance-T for each participant
3rd Place: The third fastest crew wins a pair of Performance Socks for each participant
The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner each receive a full head-to-toe On kit.
Be first to hear when SquadRaces will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page.
Find more event information and celebration at the LA V_SquadRace Events Page. For all other inquiries about the virtual SquadRace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
#onsquadrace #onrunning #runonclouds