This year has brought many changes and we had to adapt the original events calendar. So, we created the first ever Virtual On SquadRace to keep you active at a safe distance. The Virtual SquadRace Series Germany is running at full speed in search of the fastest squad. We're looking for the fastest team from each of the four regions who will compete in the German On SquadRace Final!
The race is virtual, but the competition is real. It’s still squad against squad, competing against one another – all together and yet alone. In challenging times when we miss our team, it’s a common sport that connects us most. Get ready to virtually reunite your squad and individually run your best 5k.
After a great start to the series in the western regions where the PACE PACK RUNNERS became the first team to qualify for the On SquadRace Final, we went North where the Triabolos Triathlon Hamburg e.V. became the winning squad. And in the eastern regions team Beast qualified for the On SquadRace finals.
Now we headed South to the federal states of Bavaria and Baden-Wuerttemberg
The virtual SquadRace South has been decided!
Thank you very much for your participation. We congratulate all squads and all runners to these race times!
The winning team of the South Edition of the virtual On SquadRace is the engelhorn sports team with an average time of 16:20.30.
Congratulations for the title of the fastest running squad in the southern regions of Germany and for qualifying for the On SquadRace Final!
It was incredibly exciting until the end. Second place went to the Nuremberg Track Club with an average time of 16:24,90. The team ZHS Triathlon München complete the podium with a time of 19:15,58.
See the final ranking below:
Here are the rules how the event went
1. Record your best 5k run time whenever it suits you. Once the race period has started, log your race time in. It will be added to your squad’s average. Every runner can race 5k as often as he/she wants to improve the team’s average, as long as it’s during the period of the event. There are no rules on place or time when it comes to your 5k. Please be fair and note: your normal race would not be a pure downhill race either. Make sure that the difference in elevation is balanced.
2. Every runner counts. Fastest team average time wins.
3. We’ll include your crew in the rankings if 10 runners minimum per crew have participated in the event. You can participate with your crew from any city from the following states in Southern Germany: Bavaria and Baden-Wuerttemberg. If you don't have a crew - compete together with us against the fastest crews from southern Germany and log in your run for Team On.
4. The race period was open for one week from September 27, 6pm to October 04, 6pm. The live leaderboard will be displayed on this page. The winning crew will be announced on October 04, 8pm.
5. Be honest and honorable. Log a 5k time that was really run by you. False names and false times aren’t cool and unfair to fellow teams. We know you all value good sportsmanship, so stick to the rules to make this an enjoyable event for all.
6. Observe the current hygiene and social distancing rules. Keep your distance and act responsibly.
Missing real-life events? Watch the SquadRaces Rules video to prepare yourself for your next race and to increase the anticipation for upcoming SquadRaces:
Medal and Prizes:
To celebrate your successful race in style, you can download your medal here.
You want to know what our winners will receive?
> The fastest squad wins a pair of the Cloudflow for each participant.
> The second fastest squad wins an On shirt for each participant
> The third fastest crew wins a pair of Performance Socks for each participant.
The fastest squad from the southern regions of Germany will qualify for the On SquadRace Final 2020.
The fastest individual male runner & the fastest individual female runner will each receive a pair of On shoes.
Be first to hear about when On Events will take place again – in person – by signing up to our On newsletter and checking the Events page. Check the On SquadRace series page for insights into the other regions.
For all inquiries, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the event!