On is here to change your attitude about altitude.
We’re calling on runners everywhere to reach record-setting heights in their own back yard.
Your individual goal is to climb 200meters. Whatever elevation gains you make will be added to the accumulated total of all participating athletes around the world.
Our global goal is to reach a record 10,000,000m elevation - that’s equivalent to climbing Everest 1130 times!
As we reach each million mark,a new set of prizes enters the draw. At 1 million, 3 On Caps are introduced. At10 million, a trip to Switzerland to Run On’s Local Mountain in the beautiful Engadin region is up for grabs - with lots more (On Shoes, Polar smart watches etc.) in between.
Teamwork will put us on top of the world (and running together is more fun) so join On and Run Forest Run on May 11 to run our local mountain - the Masson Hill. All abilities welcome!
What you need to know:
1) Sign-up then show up!
- Complete the sign-up form below – be fast as places are limited!
2) Don’t forget…
- Your smartphone or GPS watch to log your activity in the RYLM challenge on Strava. No Strava? No worries - you can join without.
- Changing areas won't be available
- Bag drop: no storage site will be available
3) Test new On shoes
- The newest On trail running shoes(andother models) will be available in limited numbers to test for free - first come, first served
4) Run Your Local Mountain
- Go as slow or as fast as you want - all that matters is elevation
5) Celebrate& win amazing prizes
- High-fives and fist bumps followed by snacksand drinks– you’ll have earned it!
- Follow the global Run Your Local Mountain challenge homepage - will we reach the 10,000,000m goal?
6) Can’t make the event?
- Just go for a run by yourself and upload it to Strava to be included- find out howon the RYLM homepage.
7) Logistics & additional information
- Parking next to Store
- The route is up and down on trail that covers 200m in elevation and only takes around 10-15mins. You're welcome to do the route as many times as you like
Let's run this local mountain!
Your On team
View in Google Maps
Masson Hill is situated on the western flank of Matlock Dale rising to 330 metres above sea level. The Hill has a core of basaltic lavas, ashes and agglomerates, pierced by a plug of dolerite.