On is here to change your attitude about altitude.
We’re calling on runners everywhere to reach record-setting heights in their own back yard.
Your individual goal is to climb 200 meters. Whatever elevation gains you make will be added to the accumulated total of all participating athletes around the world.
Our global goal is to reach a record 10,000,000m elevation - that’s equivalent to climbing Everest 1130 times!
As we reach each million mark, a new set of prizes enters the draw. At 1 million, 3 On Caps are introduced. At 10 million, a trip to Switzerland to Run On’s Local Mountain in the beautiful Engadin region is up for grabs - with lots more (On Shoes, Polar smartwatches etc.) in between.
Teamwork will put us on top of the world (and running together is more fun) so join On and Peak Running Co. on May 11th to run our local mountain - Swallow Cliffs. All abilities welcome!
What you need to know:
1) Sign-up then show up!
Complete the sign-up form below – be fast as places are limited!
2) Don’t forget…
- Your smartphone or GPS watch to log your activity in the RYLM challenge on Strava. No Strava? No worries - you can join without.
- Bring your running clothes (changing rooms available)
- Bagdrop: a storage site will be available (items left at owner’s risk, better to leave it in the car)
3) Test new On shoes
- The newest On trail running shoes (and other models) will be available in limited numbers to test for free - first come, first served
4) Run Your Local Mountain
- Go as slow or as fast as you want - all that matters is elevation
5) Celebrate & win amazing prizes
- High-fives and fist bumps followed by snacks and drinks – you’ll have earned it!
- Follow the global Run Your Local Mountain challenge homepage - will we reach the 10,000,000m goal?
6) Can’t make the event?
- Just go for a run by yourself and upload it to Strava to be included - find out how on the RYLM homepage.
7) Logistics & additional information
Parking at trail head.
Let's run this local mountain!
Your On team
Swallow Cliff Woods
View in Google Maps
Swallow Cliff is an 800-acre nature preserve located in Palos Hills, Illinois. It was built in 1930 by the Civilian Conservation Corps and operated by the Cook County Forest Preserve District. One of the highlights is a 100 foot bluff with 125 limestone stairs of varying heights.